Enseignement & Formation
SCHOOL SECRETARY/ RECEPTIONISTSalarié CDI
School Vision Statement
The Vision of the British School of Monaco is to provide Monaco families with a British curriculum school offering a grounded education that motivates our students to:
- try their hardest;
- think boldly, mindfully and creatively;
- act with integrity;
- lead with distinction;
- serve with a generous spirit –
- and enjoy all that our school can offer.
School Mission Statement
At the British School of Monaco we seek to inspire our students to grow as passionate learners, act with respect and empathy, and become impactful, global thinkers.
Our Core Values
Integrity and Responsibility for Oneself
Respect and Kindness for Others
Courage and Curiosity in life
Hours per week:
Full Time, during term time, 07.45 – 17.00, and additional days as required.
The British School of Monaco Office Manager & the Principal.
Purpose of Position:
To act as School Secretary for the British School of Monaco and provide efficient high-quality administrative and secretarial support for the school.
The School Secretary is responsible to, and works closely with the Office Manager. He/she also interacts on a professional level with the Principal and other members of staff, and establishes and maintains productive relationships with students and parents.
Standards and Quality Assurance:
- Support the aims and ethos of the school.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Attend staff meetings and school events as required.
- Participate in training and activities to maintain and extend the skills and competencies required for the role.
- Participate in arrangements made for staff performance management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with parents, staff, pupils and visitors in person, by email and confidently manage written correspondence as directed by the Office Manager and to treat such matters with confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Provide high-quality and efficient administration to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Answer both internal and external telephone calls and deal with the queries.
- Greet all parents/carers and visitors with professionalism and comply with safeguarding and security procedures.
- Translate documents in English and French, as required.
- Use Engage to maintain pupil data and school information.
- Support in the maintenance of student and staff files.
- Liaise with Modelex to facilitate the uploading of information onto the school website.
- Liaise with, and collate information for Modelex administrative staff, as required.
- Confidently use Google Docs & Microsoft packages in English.
- Prepare prospectus and information packs for open days and parent enquiries.
- Handle student admission documentation, creating student files and liaising with the Office Manager and the Head of Admissions, as necessary.
- Liaise with our uniform provider, Chat Malo, as required.
- Take meeting minutes, as required.
- Be aware of and comply with the school’s policies and procedures, in particular those relating to child protection and the safeguarding of children, equal opportunities, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection and report any concerns to an appropriate person.
- Undertake any additional duties as required by the Office Manager or Principal.
Person Specification Skills:
- Strong administrative skills with excellent spoken and written English and French.
- Able and confident in the use of Google Docs & Microsoft Office software in English, to include but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate warmly with children.
- The capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Well organised with effective time management.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- First aid trained (or willingness to be trained).
- Team mindset.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- A willingness to learn and adapt, and ready to embrace change and new initiatives.
- Experience in a school would be an advantage.
- Flexible and a sense of fun!
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom he/she comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant British School of Monaco Safeguarding, Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, he/she must report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or his/her Deputy so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant local agencies and authorities.
This job description is not intended to be all embracing and the post holder shall be required to carry out whatever the Principal shall instruct, commensurate with training and experience.
The British School of Monaco is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.